If you want something absolutely delicious to serve as a starter try this Focaccia Bread. Always a winner in my house!
- Sift together flour and salt. Then add the sugar and the dried yeast. Mix.
- Pour in the lukewarm water and stir together until very sticky.
- Pour the dough out of the bowl and knead adding extra flour to make a manageable dough, around an extra cup or two. Not too sticky but not too stiff.
- Leave to rise in a bowl covered with cling wrap and a towel for 45 minutes to 1 one hour.
- Take a baking tray that has sides and pour in half the olive oil.
- Place the risen dough on top and flatten it down. Pour over the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the chopped spring onions.
- Cover it with a damp dish cloth and allow it to rise for the second time, for 45 minutes.
- Heat your oven to 250° c.
- Turn it down to 200°c.
- Place the bread in the oven for roughly 15 minutes. It should be golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and enjoy.