Get certified with us
Enquire to become a Kosher certified manufacturer with us. We are a world renowned Kosher certifying body. Complete the form and one of our Rabbinic Coordinators will be in contact with you shortly.Enquire Now
Passover Certification Application
Enquire now to become a Kosher certified manufacturer for Passover.Enquire Now
Why Get Certified?
Facilitate getting the highest quality kosher certification in sub Saharan Africa for your products
Studies have shown that more than 86% of people eat Kosher not for religious reasons but for quality, safety and health reasons. What you see on the label is what is in the bottle. Parev products are also trusted by vegetarians & dairy intolerances.
Ensuring the highest level of kosher standards are maintained and support and training is provided to manufacturers, food services and the community.
Creating mutual partnerships and developing a platfrom to connect retailers, manufacturers and food
services to grow the kosher market.
- BD Symbol Trademark Rights The diamond symbol is globally recognized and provides the assurance necessary to to cater for our target market.
- On-Site Certification Audits Our expert inspectors have the experience necessary to design and maintain customized systems in keeping with the highest standards of kosher.
- Clear Guidance and Support With almost 90 years’ experience in the food industry and understanding of what is required for kosher compliance, manufacturers are guided through the process of submitting raw material, product and label data for their products.
- Ongoing Personalized Service A Rabbinic Coordinator is allocated to each manufacturer to look after any queries or support required at any stage of certification.
- Confidentiality Our experienced staff manage the raw material load of some of the world’s most well-known companies with utmost confidentiality and professionalism.
- Customer Advocacy We support our customers’ continued growth in the kosher market via our KosherSA Facebook page, email marketing campaigns, our monthly newsletter, KosherFest trade show and various other media channels. We go the extra mile to share and help publicise newly certified kosher products.
Kosher Certification Process
Timeline dependent on kosher risk, complexity of ingredients and manufacturing process.
- Submit Application Application Form & Supporting Documents to be submitted.
- Review Application Review Branch Process Product & Raw Material info
- Pay Application Fee Pay the once off application fee.
- Initial Inspection An Initial Inspection is conducted. Ingredients, products and processing is reviewed and kosher risks are identified.
- Case to Kosher Committee Kosher compliance committee review documentation and initial inspection report and advise of any further action required.
- Pricing and Agreement Pricing proposal and draft agreement Model discussed and applied.
- Agreement Signed Agreement to be finalized and signed by both parties.
- Kosher Go-Live Product list finalised, artwork approved and license fee paid.
- Ongoing Kosher Support Team assigned for any future queries and support.